- RSS Channel Showcase 5101507
- RSS Channel Showcase 5664998
- RSS Channel Showcase 4993937
- RSS Channel Showcase 3051322
Articles on this Page
- 07/07/15--07:58: _The Tragedy of Palm...
- 04/15/16--11:02: _Stop a Billion-Doll...
- 04/28/16--07:28: _Jailed for Resistin...
- 07/21/16--07:12: _Protect The Iconic ...
- 08/15/16--08:22: _Cut Forest, Replace...
- 10/11/17--10:47: _Almost 100 Organisa...
- 03/08/18--10:21: _Women Demand Oil Pa...
- 07/07/15--07:58: The Tragedy of Palm Oil in Central America
- 04/15/16--11:02: Stop a Billion-Dollar Gift to the Palm Oil Industry!
- 04/28/16--07:28: Jailed for Resisting Big Palm Oil: Release the MALOA Six!
- 07/21/16--07:12: Protect The Iconic Wildlife of the Leuser Ecosystem on Sumatra
- 08/15/16--08:22: Cut Forest, Replace with Plantation, Put Animals at Risk
Growing oil palm plantations in Central America for the production of so-called “renewable” Biodiesel and other “eco-friendly” products has caused massive social and ecological destruction, as the following two articles from UpsideDownWorld.org explain. Miguel Facusse, who recently died,... Read More
Via Rainforest-Rescue.org: Indonesian activists are sounding the alarm: “The only group that will benefit from this policy are private palm oil companies,” explains Zenzi Suhadi, a campaigner for the Indonesian Forum for the Environment (Walhi). “With this biofuel... Read More
The post Stop a Billion-Dollar Gift to the Palm Oil Industry! appeared first on Global Justice Ecology Project.
Six people were sentenced to several months in prison in a protracted show trial in Sierra Leone for protesting the loss of their land and livelihoods to Socfin, a multinational palm oil company. Tell the Sierra Leonean authorities to stop trampling the... Read More
The post Jailed for Resisting Big Palm Oil: Release the MALOA Six! appeared first on Global Justice Ecology Project.
Originally published at Rainforest Rescue. Sign the petition here The Leuser Ecosystem protected area (KEL, Kawasan Ekosistem Leuser) on the island of Sumatra is one of the largest and most important nature reserves in Indonesia. KEL is named... Read More
The post Protect The Iconic Wildlife of the Leuser Ecosystem on Sumatra appeared first on Global Justice Ecology Project.
The latest confirmation of what we know and have known for a very long time. Via ScienceDaily.com: As more of Southeast Asia’s natural forests are cleared and converted into plantations for growing oil palm, rubber and other tree crops,... Read More
The post Cut Forest, Replace with Plantation, Put Animals at Risk appeared first on Global Justice Ecology Project.
An in-depth report released by Biofuelwatch last week shows that feedstocks (raw materials used to produce biofuel) other than palm oil cannot be converted to aviation fuels on a large scale either because of technical obstacles, or for... Read More
The post Almost 100 Organisations Worldwide Condemn UN Aviation Agency’s Biofuel Plans appeared first on Global Justice Ecology Project.
See more on women and plantations in the WRM Bulletin. On 8 March, International Women’s Day, hundreds of organizations and individuals demand an end to the violence against women living in and around large-scale oil palm plantations expansion.... Read More
The post Women Demand Oil Palm Companies Stop Violence and Give Back Community Land appeared first on Global Justice Ecology Project.